We are still in Oklahoma, dodging tornados.
Richard’s latest Dr visit yesterday did not go as planned. Dr. looked at Richard, looked at test results, looked at Richard some more. Said we need to check Richard into the hospital. He scribbled something illegible on a prescription paper and said, “Go to the ER and give them this.” We went, we handed over the scribbled note and Richard was hustled into a room ahead of everyone else waiting in the ER. Half a dozen nurses, techs and doctors swarmed in on him hooking him up to a bazillion monitors and asking a bazillion questions.
In the midst of that, Jenni called and asked if we were ok and safe frum the storm! It seems tornadoes were breaking out all over the place! I told her I had no idea how things were at the camper, because we were at the SW Hospital ER. She looked at the tv radar and told us where the storms were and we decided our camper was probably safe. (It was, safe and sound when I finally got home).
Too late to make this a short story so I’ll just cut to the end. Richard has congestive heart failure and it has taken a bad turn, filling him up with fluids. They have given him meds to help his kidneys drain all the fluids….. They expect him to drop about 40 pounds of liquid. And they have him on oxygen to help his breathing. He will be in the hospital for at least two or three days.
The tornadoes all landed to the east of us and kept on moving east, so no big problems for us. Other than the hospital going on generator power for a couple of hours and moving all of the patients out of deh rooms with windows and into hallways until the danger passed. So we got to sit in the ER for a couple of extra hours waiting for things to return to normal before they could move Richard into a room.
He was breathing much better by the time I left around 9pm and had already dropped 1.4 liters of fluid.